Duplicati is a free (LGPL) backup system that enables you to set up and monitor backups on your Windows or Linux-based netbooks. Taking backup of your important data is always recommended and the backup should be done regularly. But, very few people takes backup of their important data, and those who don’t usually loses their data which can be devastating. To keep your critical data from an accidental loss or hardware failure you need to have a good back up strategy in place.
You will find many applications for data backup and Duplicati is one of them. It is an easy to use, wizard driven, automatic and open source program for backing up your important data.
You just need to download, install and run it. The wizard will walk-through you to create your first backup.
1. Choose “Setup a new backup”, click next and give a backup name. You can also organize backups into groups.
2. Now, specify a folder which has your important data and which you want to back up.
3. Enter a password or generate one and choose an Encryption mode (e.g. AES) that you want to secure your backup.
4. Select where to save your backup (USB device, remote server, etc). This where Duplicati is little different from other freely available backup apps, its support for Amazon S3 storage, SSH, FTP and WEBDAV is something which is very rare.
5. Next configure the advanced settings according to your requirements.
All backups can be encrypted and are digitally signed, so that no other person can read or tamper with backed up data. You can also schedule regular backups.
You can watch the Duplicati Video Guide below:
Home Page: Click Here
Download: Click Here
Works With: Windows, Linux
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software for Netbook