Here are some keyboard shortcuts for Netbook users. It helps you to work easily and efficiently with your system keyboard. The keyboard shortcuts lets users to work faster and increases the efficiency while working on a system.
Here are following keyboard shortcuts used for different purpose:
- Ctrl+1-8 – Switch to the specified tab, counting from the left.
- Ctrl+9 – Switch to the last tab.
- Ctrl+Tab – Switch to the next tab – in other words, the tab on the right.
- Ctrl+Shift+Tab – Switch to the previous tab – in other words, the tab on the left.
- Ctrl+W, Ctrl+F4 – Close the current tab.
- Ctrl+Shift+T – Reopen the last closed tab.
- Ctrl+T – Open a new tab.
- Ctrl+N – Open a new browser window.
- Alt+F4 – Close the current window.Mouse Actions for Tabs
- Middle Click a Tab – Close the tab.
- Ctrl+Left Click, Middle Click – Open a link in a background tab.
- Shift+Left Click – Open a link in a new browser window.
- Ctrl+Shift+Left Click – Open a link in a foreground tab.
- Alt+Left Arrow, Backspace – Back.
- Alt+Right Arrow, Shift+Backspace – Forward.
- F5 – Reload.
- Ctrl+F5 – Reload and skip the cache, re-downloading the entire website.
- Escape – Stop.
- Alt+Home – Open homepage.
- Ctrl and +, Ctrl+Mousewheel Up – Zoom in
- Ctrl and -, Ctrl+Mousewheel Down — Zoom out.
- Ctrl+0 – Default zoom level.
- F11 – Full-screen mode.
- Space, Page Down – Scroll down a frame.
- Shift+Space, Page Up – Scroll up a frame.
- Home – Top of page.
- End – Bottom of page.
- Middle Click – Scroll with the mouse.
For Address Bar
- Ctrl+L, Alt+D, F6 – Focus the address bar so you can begin typing.
- Ctrl+Enter – Prefix www. and append .com to the text in the address bar, and then load the website. For example, type netbookfreeware into the address bar and press Ctrl+Enter to open www.netbookfreeware.com.
- Alt+Enter – Open the location in the address bar in a new tab.
- Ctrl+K, Ctrl+E – Focus the browser’s built-in search box or focus the address bar if the browser doesn’t have a dedicated search box. (Ctrl+K doesn’t work in IE, Ctrl+E does.)
- Alt+Enter – Perform a search from the search box in a new tab.
- Ctrl+F, F3 – Open the in-page search box to search on the current page.
- Ctrl+G, F3 – Find the next match of the searched text on the page.
- Ctrl+Shift+G, Shift+F3 – Find the previous match of the searched text on the page.
For History & Bookmarks
- Ctrl+H – Open the browsing history.
- Ctrl+J – Open the download history.
- Ctrl+D – Bookmark the current website.
- Ctrl+Shift+Del – Open the Clear Browsing History window.
- Ctrl+P – Print the current page.
- Ctrl+S – Save the current page to your computer.
- Ctrl+O – Open a file from your computer.
- Ctrl+U – Open the current page’s source code.
- F12 – Open Developer Tools.
All the keyboard shortcuts lets you to work faster with your system. It reduces your interaction with computer mouse or your laptop trackpad. Go ahead and try all the keyboard shortcuts to make your work faster.
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software for Netbook