Notepad.NET is a text editor like Notepad, but is a word processor/programming editor hybrid. It is based on a Ribbon UI theme. The app is small but still very feature rich.
Even though the app is called Notepad.NET but it is not just any other simple text editor. You can use it as a basic word processor or if you are a programmer you can do your coding stuff through it. With support for plugins, you can extend the functionality. If you run it on Windows 7 operating system than you will find that the application supports Jumplist. It comes with a spell-check utility too which is handy for correcting spelling mistakes.
You can see the complete list of features along with tables showing comparison with other systems.
- Clickonce Updating: Makes sure you always have the latest version.
- Windows 7 Jumplist: Lets you access stuff from the jumplist
- Ribbon GUI: Makes sure that everything is available are you finger tips
- One-click Spell Checking: Auto corrects any spelling mistakes with one click
- Full RTF Support: Supports most (if not all) of RTF files
- Plugins: Lets you extend Notepad.NET
- Upload to Pastebin
Feature comparison with other similar apps
|Editor||Plain Text (Open and Save)||RTF (Fonts, Images, Colors)||Syntax Highlighting||Automated Updates||Tabbed Interface||Plugin Support|
|Notepad.NET||Yes||Yes, mostly||Yes, Work in progress||Yes||Yes, Work in Progress||Yes|
|Notepad||Yes||No||No||Only with new Windows Versions||No||No|
|Office Word||Yes||Yes||No||Yes, via Windows Update||Yes?||Yes?|
|Rich Text File||.rtf||Native|
|eXtensible Application Markup Language||.xaml||Native (XAML Package Format)|
|OpenDocument File||.odt||Plugin, coming soon.|
Home Page: Click Here
Download: Click Here
Works With: Windows
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software for Netbook